Mocha Crinkle Cookies
Crinkle cookies are a popular baked treat, and this mocha-inspired cookie is the perfect way to spoil all the coffee-lovers on your holiday list.
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time15 min
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) (250 mL) Becel® salted margarine sticks or unsalted margarine sticks
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) instant coffee granules or instant espresso
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) skim milk or water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) icing sugar
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190° C). Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat Becel® sticks with sugars in large bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually add in flour mixture; beat just until blended. Stir coffee granules into milk. Stir milk mixture into dough. Drop by tablespoonfuls into icing sugar; roll to generously coat. Arrange on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool 2 minutes on wire rack; remove cookies from sheets, cool completely.
TIP: For a gluten-free version, simply replace all-purpose flour with 2-1/2 cups (625mL) gluten-free whole grain oat flour, 1/3 (75mL) cup coconut flour and 1/4 (60 mL) cup potato flour.