Oatmeal, Cinnamon and Raisin Cookies
Chocolate chip may get all the glory, but there’s something noble in the quiet grace of these – oh, and they’re delicious, too.
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time30 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) (250 mL) Becel® salted margarine sticks or unsalted margarine sticks
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500 mL) quick oats or old fashioned oats
- 1 cup (250 mL) raisins
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Combine flours, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl; set aside.
- Beat Becel® sticks with sugars in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture just until blended. Stir in oats and raisins. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until edges are golden brown, about 10 minutes. Cool sheets 2 minutes on wire rack; remove cookies from sheets and cool completely.