Juicy Turkey Burgers
Change up your barbecue menu with these turkey burgers.
- Cooking time15 min
- Prep time12 min
- ServingsPortions 2
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 4 cremini mushrooms or white mushrooms, finely chopped (about 1 cup/250 mL)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed baby spinach leaves or arugula
- 1/2 lb. (225 g) ground turkey
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely shredded carrots, chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 soft whole wheat flat rolls
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Melt 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion and mushrooms, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until almost tender. Stir in garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute or until vegetables are tender. Stir in spinach and cook 1 minute or until wilted. Season, if desired, with fresh black pepper. Remove vegetables from skillet. Reserve 1/2 of the vegetable mixture in medium bowl and keep warm.
- Combine ground turkey, carrots, green onions and remaining 1/2 of the slightly cooled vegetables in medium bowl; shape into 2 patties.
- Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) margarine in same skillet over medium heat and cook burgers, turning once, 8 minutes or until turkey is thoroughly cooked. Arrange burgers on rolls, then top with reserved vegetables.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec. TIP: Substitute ground chicken for ground turkey and prepare as above.