Warm Vegetable Salad with Tuna
We weren’t ready for the snow, though that didn’t stop it. We were still in salad mode, but wanted something warm. This tuna vegetable salad did the trick.
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time15 min
- ServingsPortions 2
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Salt-Free margarine
- 8 ounces (225 g) cremini mushrooms or white mushrooms, quartered (about 12)
- 6 ounces (170 g) green beans, trimmed and cut into 2.5 cm pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 cups (950 mL) mixed salad greens
- 1 can (170 g) solid white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 6 grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 oz. (7 g) curls Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, (about 4 curls)
- Melt Becel® Salt-Free margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook mushrooms, green beans and onion, stirring occasionally, vegetables are crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Season, if desired, with freshly ground black pepper. Cover and let steam 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, evenly arrange salad greens on 2 dinner plates, then top with warm vegetable mixture and juices, tuna and tomatoes. Drizzle with vinegar and garnish with cheese.