Loaded Mashed Potatoes with Bacon, Cheddar and Broccoli
We had plenty of ingredients and a hearty appetite when we came up with these beauties – turned out, we needed both.
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time15 min
- ServingsPortions 6
- 1 1/2 lbs. (750 g) potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Dairy-free Becel® Plant Butter - Salted
- 1 package (300 g.) frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sour cream
- 4 slices turkey bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
- Cover potatoes with water in medium saucepot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are very tender, about 10 minutes; drain. Return hot potatoes to saucepot.
- Stir in Becel® Salted Plant Butter and mash until almost smooth. Add broccoli and mash lightly. Stir in cheese, sour cream, bacon and green onions, reserving some of each, if desired, for garnish.
Please see nutrition information for saturated fat content.