Mac 'n Cheese
- Prep time15 min
- ServingsPortions 4
- 3 tbsps Becel® with Avocado Oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups unsweetened oat milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 package of Violife Original Creamy
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 8 ounces rotini pasta, cooked according to the instructions on the packaging and drained
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsps hemp hearts or flax seed (optional)
- 2 tbsps Becel® with Avocado Oil, melted
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt Becel with Avocado Oil. Add onion and salt and cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Add in garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Stir flour into saucepan and continue cooking over medium heat, 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in oat/almond milk. Simmer, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in Violife Cheddar Style Shreds, Violife Creamy Original and nutritional yeast
- Pour cooked pasta into sauce and stir gently until pasta is evenly coated.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the crumb mixture and sprinkle evenly over pasta. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
To make this recipe nut-free, swap out the walnuts in the crumb topping to chopped pumpkin seed or roasted soybean. If you don’t have those on hand, just add more panko! To make this recipe vegan, swap out Becel with Avocado Oil to Becel Vegan.