Mixed Veggies with Ginger and Sesame
Add this flavourful side dish to your repertoire. Chockful with colourful vegetables, aromatic ginger and sesame seeds, this is a great way to eat the rainbow.
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time10 min
- ServingsPortions 6
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 1 package (350 g) baby carrots
- 2 cups (500 mL) broccoli florets
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Original margarine
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) sesame seeds
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
- Bring water and carrots to a boil in medium saucepan. Reduce heat and cook until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Add broccoli and cook until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes; drain.
- Melt Becel® Original margarine in large skillet over medium heat and cook red pepper, sesame seeds, ginger and garlic, stirring occasionally, until pepper is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add carrots and broccoli to skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until heated through. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper.