Classic Sugar Cookies
We believe in being sweet, no matter the time of day or day of the week. These classic sugar cookies are perfect for decorating.
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time15 min
- ServingsPortions 54
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. (7 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) (250 mL) Becel® salted margarine sticks or unsalted margarine sticks
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) vanilla extract
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat Becel® sticks, 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar and icing sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture just until blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch (2.5-cm) balls, then roll in remaining 1/4 cup (50mL) granulated sugar; arrange on ungreased baking sheets, 2 in. (5 cm) apart. Flatten each with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges are slightly golden. Cool sheets 2 minutes on wire rack; remove cookies from sheets and cool completely.
Tip: No baking powder? Substitute 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) cream of tartar for the baking powder.