Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
What’s the cookie equivalent of the fountain of youth? It’s these – every bite makes us feel like a kid again (and we’re okay with that).
- Prep time10 min
- ServingsPortions 65
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) quick oats or old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) (250 mL) Becel® salted margarine sticks or unsalted margarine sticks
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°). Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat Becel® sticks with brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy, about 3 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture just until blended. Stir in chocolate. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets, 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- Bake just until edges are golden, about 8 minutes. Cool sheets 2 minutes on wire rack; remove cookies from sheets and cool completely.
For a spin on our Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, increase oatmeal to 3-1/2 cups (875 mL.), bake them as bowls**, and fill them with milk, fruit, low-fat frozen yogurt, or anything else you can imagine! **Recipe tip: To bake as bowls, spray muffin pans with no-stick baking spray. Press 2 Tbsp. (30 mL.) cookie dough in bottom and up sides of each muffin cup. Bake 8 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool in pans 1 minute, then carefully remove and cool completely on wire racks. Makes 42 "cookie cups".