Pesto Pasta with Chicken, Zucchini & Peppers
The freshness is palatable on the first spring morning each year. If we turned that moment into a dish, it would be this. Our pesto pasta is bursting with flavour, so you’re sure to go back for seconds!
- Cooking time20 min
- Prep time20 min
- 1 package (375 g.) whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) loosely packed flat-leaf parsley
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks, divided
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) sliced red bell peppers or /and yellow bell peppers
- 2 cups (500 mL) cut-up cooked chicken
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt; drain and keep warm.
- Process garlic in food processor or blender until finely chopped. Add sun-dried tomatoes, basil and parsley; process until blended. Add 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks and process until blended.
- Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook zucchini, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Add red peppers and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Toss hot pasta with basil pesto, vegetables and chicken.