Pesto Pasta with Chicken, Zucchini & Peppers
The freshness is palatable on the first spring morning each year. If we turned that moment into a dish, it would be this. Our pesto pasta is bursting with flavour, so you’re sure to go back for seconds!
- Cooking time20 min
- Prep time20 min
- ServingsPortions 4
- 1 package (375 g.) whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) loosely packed flat-leaf parsley
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks, divided
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) sliced red bell peppers or /and yellow bell peppers
- 2 cups (500 mL) cut-up cooked chicken
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt; drain and keep warm.
- Process garlic in food processor or blender until finely chopped. Add sun-dried tomatoes, basil and parsley; process until blended. Add 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks and process until blended.
- Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook zucchini, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Add red peppers and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Toss hot pasta with basil pesto, vegetables and chicken.