Pork Stroganoff with Wild Mushrooms
We’re not saying we tamed these mushrooms – in fact, we love them just the way they are.
- Cooking time20 min
- Prep time25 min
- ServingsPortions 4
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. (20 mL) Becel® Original margarine
- 1 -lb. (500 g) pork tenderloin, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb. (250 g) portobello mushrooms, stems discarded and caps sliced
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) reduced sodium beef broth
- 2 1/2 tsp. (12 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. (20 mL) tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) nonfat sour cream
- 3/4 lb. (375 g) egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley leaves, (optional)
- Melt 1/2 of the Becel® Original margarine in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown 1/2 of the pork. Remove pork to bowl and keep warm. Repeat with remaining Becel® Original margarine and pork.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened and slightly golden, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until they begin to give off moisture, about 3 minutes. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in beef broth. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce starts to thicken slightly, about 5 minutes. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste.
- Combine cornstarch with sour cream; stir into sauce. Bring to the boiling point, then reduce heat to low. Return pork and any juices to skillet; heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over hot noodles and sprinkle with parsley.