Miso-Maple Glazed Grilled Pork & Baby Bok Choy
A few years ago, we backpacked through Japan with a Canadian flag sewn on our bag. This is the culinary equivalent. Filled with Asian flavours and ingredients.
- Cooking time20 min
- Prep time15 min
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) miso paste, (soy bean paste)
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) water
- 1 1/2 -lb. (675 g) pork tenderloin or 6 boneless pork chops
- 1 red onion, sliced into 3 rings
- 1 lb. (500 g) baby bok choy, (about 4 heads)
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in small saucepan over medium-high heat and cook garlic, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Stir in miso paste, maple syrup, vinegar and water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes; let cool. Reserve ¼ cup (60 mL) miso-maple mixture; set aside.
- Grill pork, turning occasionally, brushing with remaining miso-maple mixture, until pork is done, about 15 minutes; thinly slice.
- Grill onion and bok choy until tender. Serve vegetables with pork, drizzled with reserved miso-maple mixture.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec. his recipe has been evaluated by the Heart and Stroke Foundation registered dietitians and is part of a healthy diet based on the recommendations in Canada's Food Guide. TIP: For added buttery flavour and to help prevent sticking to the grill, first brush with melted Becel.