Quinoa Bowls with Roasted Vegetables
Quinoa is a superfood, and this recipe is super yummy.
- Cooking time25 min
- Prep time10 min
- 2 zucchini, sliced in rounds, about 2-1/2 cups
- 1 pint (500 mL) cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Becel® with Avocado Oil margarine, melted and divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. (3 mL) finely grated lemon peel
- 1/4 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp. (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Combine zucchini and 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® with Avocado Oil margarine and arrange on half of a jelly-roll pan or baking sheet. Combine cherry tomatoes and 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) margarine and arrange on remaining half of jelly-roll pan. Roast until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package directions. Fluff with fork and stir in remaining 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) margarine, parsley, lemon juice, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Divide quinoa between 4 bowls. Evenly top each bowl with zucchini, tomatoes and avocado.
TIP: To save clean-up time, line baking sheet with aluminum foil. See nutrition information for sodium content.