Savoury & Sweet Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
Savoury and sweet flavours combine in a side dish, that just might be the main event. Recipe was made exclusively for Becel by Chef Matt Dean Pettit.
- Cooking time1 hr 30 min
- Prep time15 min
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Becel® Salted Plant-Based Bricks, melted
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Manuka honey, slightly heated to soften
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) dried sage
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) freshly ground nutmeg
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Using a sharp knife, make crosswise cuts in each sweet potato, 1/8 to 1/4-in. (3 to 6 mm) apart, stopping about ¼ in. (6 mm) from the bottom. Your sweet potato should look like an accordion.
- In a mixing bowl, combine melted Becel Salted Plant-Based Bricks, honey, sage and nutmeg.
- Place sweet potatoes on parchment paper-lined baking tray. Season with salt and pepper. Using a pastry brush, brush honey mixture over the tops and into the grooves of each sweet potato. Reserve remaining honey mixture as glaze after baking.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until sweet potatoes are soft and fully cooked through. Remove from the oven and brush sweet potatoes with the remaining honey mixture. Serve warm.