Shrimp Scampi with Buttery Crumbs
- Cooking time8 min
- Prep time10 min
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*, divided
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) panko bread crumbs or plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) lemon peel, grated
- 6 ounces (180 g) uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 tsp. (7 mL) finely chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. (7 mL) lemon juice
- Melt 1-1/2 tsp.(7 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large nonstick skillet over over medium-low heat and cook bread crumbs, stirring frequently, until toasted, about 2 minutes. Combine bread crumbs with lemon peel in small bowl; set aside.
- Melt 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) margarine in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook shrimp, stirring occasionally, until almost pink, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until shrimp are pink, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and remaining 1-1/2 tsp. (7 mL) margarine. Sprinkle with toasted bread crumbs.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec.