Vegetable Spaghetti with Lemon Cod
- Prep time10 min
- 4 Tbsp. (60 mL) lemon juice, divided
- 4 cod fillet pieces (about 4 oz./113 g ea.)
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Avo Plus™ oil blend, divided
- 1 small shallot or onion, finely chopped (about 2 Tbsp./30 mL)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs. (675 g) assorted fresh vegetables (zucchini, squash and/or carrots) sprialized*
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fat free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) all-purpose flour
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) lemon juice over cod; set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel Avo Plus™ Oil Blend in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook cod, turning once, until done, about 6 minutes. Remove cod. Set aside and keep warm.
- Melt remaining 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) oil in same skillet and cook shallot and garlic, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Add vegetables and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
- Remove 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) broth and blend with flour. Stir remaining broth, flour mixture and remaining 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) lemon juice into same skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer gently until vegetables are tender and sauce is slightly thickened. Serve Cod and sauce over vegetables. Season as desired.
*You can also make vegetables into ribbons using a vegetable peeler.