Vegetable Spaghetti with Lemon Cod
- Prep time10 min
- ServingsPortions 4
- 4 Tbsp. (60 mL) lemon juice, divided
- 4 cod fillet pieces (about 4 oz./113 g ea.)
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Avo Plus™ oil blend, divided
- 1 small shallot or onion, finely chopped (about 2 Tbsp./30 mL)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs. (675 g) assorted fresh vegetables (zucchini, squash and/or carrots) sprialized*
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fat free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) all-purpose flour
|Energy (kcal)||359 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1501 kJ|
|Protein (g)||34.7 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||30.5 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||26.2 g|
|Sugar (g)||2.7 g|
|Fibre (g)||4.3 g|
|Fat (g)||10.4 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||1.6 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||7.9 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||5.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||2.7 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||75 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||276 mg|
|Salt (g)||80.22 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||602 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||21.6 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||52 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.73 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||1464 mg|
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) lemon juice over cod; set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel Avo Plus™ Oil Blend in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook cod, turning once, until done, about 6 minutes. Remove cod. Set aside and keep warm.
- Melt remaining 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) oil in same skillet and cook shallot and garlic, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Add vegetables and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
- Remove 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) broth and blend with flour. Stir remaining broth, flour mixture and remaining 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) lemon juice into same skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer gently until vegetables are tender and sauce is slightly thickened. Serve Cod and sauce over vegetables. Season as desired.
*You can also make vegetables into ribbons using a vegetable peeler.