Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Becel® Original makes baking soft and chewy cookies almost as easy as eating them… almost.
- Prep time10 min
- ServingsPortions 26
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Becel® Original margarine
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) HERSHEY'S® CHIPITS® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 tsp. flaked sea salt
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat together Becel® Original, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla until blended. Gradually add flour mixture and beat just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of batter onto ungreased baking sheets, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden.
Remove from oven; sprinkle with flaked sea salt. Let cool for 2 minutes in pan on rack; transfer cookies directly to rack and let cool completely.
Tip: Add 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped pecans or walnuts to cookies, if desired.