Stuffed Mushrooms with Pear & Parmesan
When we make this mushroom dish for guests, we never tell them what’s inside – we just serve and wait for their eyes to widen in delight.
- Cooking time15 min
- Prep time10 min
- 1 package (500 g.) white button mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1 large pear, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1 large shallot or 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp. (0.5 mL) ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
- Remove and finely chop mushroom stems (about 1-1/4 cups/ 300mL ); reserve mushroom caps.
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chopped stems, pear and shallot, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in cheese, parsley, salt and pepper*.
- Evenly stuff reserved mushroom caps with pear mixture, then arrange on baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Garnish, if desired, with Parmesan cheese shavings.
*TIP: Recipe can be made up to 1 day ahead up to this point. Refrigerate stuffing until ready to bake. Continue as above. *Becel® Gold in Quebec Please see nutrition information for sodium content.