Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup
You’ll love the earthy flavours of our Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup. Made with Becel Plant-based Whipping cream, its perfect blend of warmth and spice will ensure you never want to open a can again.
- Prep time15 min
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) Becel® Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks
- 1 cup (250mL) finely chopped shallots
- 1 pound (500g) cremini mushrooms, cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60mL) dry sherry
- 1/4 cup (60mL) flour
- 4 cups (1L) vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon (2mL) salt
- 1/4 cup (60mL) Becel® Plant-based Whipping Cream
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons (30mL) chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- a drizzle of Becel® Plant-based Whipping Cream, for garnish
- Melt Becel® Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks in a large sauce pan. Sweat shallots and mushrooms until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add sherry, and reduce until pan is almost dry.
- Sprinkle in flour, and stir constantly for 4-5 minutes, or until it begins to smell nutty.
- Slowly add the broth and whisk. Bring the broth to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer, with a lid ajar, for 30 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender until smooth and creamy. Return soup to pan and stir in Becel® Plant-based Whipping Cream. Add black pepper, to taste. Serve with fresh parsley and a drizzle of Becel® Plant-based Whipping Cream.