Very Berry Scones
With a light, crunchy crust and warm, fluffy interior, these berry scones won't last long on your kitchen table. If you can resist, pack a few to enjoy après-ski.
- Cooking time12 min
- Prep time15 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) carbonated water
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Becel® Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks, melted
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) grated lemon peel
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh blueberries and/or cranberries
- Preheat oven to 450° F (240° C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Combine carbonated water, Becel Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks, lemon peel and vanilla in another bowl. Gradually add wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined.
- With floured hands, carefully incorporate berries into dough.
- Divide dough in half. On lightly floured surface, pat out each half into approximately 1-inch thick rounds. Cut each round into six wedges.
- Arrange wedges on prepared baking sheet. Bake 9-12 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool a few minutes and enjoy the hot, berry bursting goodness.