Very Berry Scones
With a light, crunchy crust and warm, fluffy interior, these berry scones won't last long on your kitchen table. If you can resist, pack a few to enjoy après-ski.
- Cooking time12 min
- Prep time15 min
- Portions 12
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) carbonated water
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Oil
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® unsalted margarine sticks, melted
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) grated lemon peel
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh blueberries and/or cranberries
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat oven to 450° F (240° C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Combine carbonated water, Becel® Oil, Becel® sticks, lemon peel and vanilla in another bowl. Gradually add wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined.
- With floured hands, carefully incorporate berries into dough.
- Divide dough in half. On lightly floured surface, pat out each half into approximately 1-inch thick rounds. Cut each round into six wedges.
- Arrange wedges on prepared baking sheet. Bake 9-12 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool a few minutes and enjoy the hot, berry bursting goodness.