When cool mornings make socks at the breakfast table essential, we know exactly what to make to stay warm. These biscuits get their flaky texture from buttermilk and Becel margarine.
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time10 min
- Portions 6
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. (12 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) buttermilk
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in large bowl. Cut in Becel® Buttery Taste margarine with pastry blender or two knives, until mixture is size of coarse crumbs. Gradually drizzle in buttermilk, then stir until just moistened. Gently press into 8-in. (20 cm) round on lightly floured board.
- Cut out 6 biscuits using 3-in. (7.5 cm) biscuit cutter. Arrange biscuits on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
*Becel Gold in Quebec. See nutrition information for sodium content.