Lemon Pound Cake
- Cooking time
- Prep time
- Portions 8
- 1 cup (250 mL) (2 sticks) Becel® salted margarine sticks
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat oven to 350°F (190°C). Grease and flour 9 x 5-in. (23 x 13 cm) loaf pan; set aside.
- Beat Becel® salted margarine sticks with sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and salt. Gradually beat in flour on low speed just until blended. Evenly spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake an additional 5 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan and cool completely. Drizzle, if desired, with lemon glaze*.
*Lemon Glaze: Combine 2/3 cup (150 mL) icing sugar with 2 tsp. (10 mL) lemon juice until smooth. Add more lemon juice, if necessary, to get desired consistency.
Also works terrific with replacing 1 cup (250 mL) white flour with 1 cup (250 mL) wheat flour.