We spent ages shoveling the accumulating snow on the driveway. Finally, we came in famished with only one dish on our mind.
- Cooking time
- Prep time
- Portions 8
- 4 Tbsp. (60 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*, melted
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. (1 kg) all-purpose potatoes, unpeeled, scrubbed and very thinly sliced (about 3 mm thick)
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Lightly brush 10-in. (25 cm) pie plate with Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*.
- Combine remaining margarine, onion, salt, basil, thyme and pepper in small bowl; set aside.
- Arrange 1/3 of the potatoes in prepared pie plate in a circular pattern. Spoon 1/3 of the margarine mixture over top, spreading out onions. Repeat layers 2 more times.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until potatoes are tender and crispy brown around the outside edge, about 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec