Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Maple Syrup
- Cooking time
- Prep time
- Portions 6
- 3 lbs. (1.5 kgs) sweet potatoes, (about 4)
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) pure maple syrup or pancake syrup
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Pierce potatoes in several times with fork. Arrange potatoes on a baking sheet. Bake until potatoes are tender, about 60 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 375°F (190°C). Let sweet potatoes cool slightly. Slice in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp into medium bowl. Mash pulp with Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* until desired consistency. Stir in maple syrup and nutmeg.
- Spoon into lightly greased casserole dish**. Bake covered until heated through, about 20 minutes.
**May be made ahead up to this point and refrigerated. Reheat at 375°F (190°C) until heated, about 30 minutes.
To reheat in microwave, microwave on High about 5 minutes, stirring once, until heated through.
SUBSTITUTION: Try using thawed frozen orange or apple juice concentrate instead maple syrup.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec.