Apple 'N Maple Breakfast Bread Pudding
- Cooking time45 min
- Prep time5 min
- 4 tsp (20 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine
- 2 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and achopped
- 1/4 cup fat free cholesterol free egg substitute mix
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 1% milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) pure maple syrup or pancake syrup
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 slices multi-grain bread
- Preheat oven to 350° (180 C). Coat 1-quart (1 L) casserole dish with 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine; set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tsp. (5 mL) margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook apples, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, whisk egg substitute with milk, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon; set aside.
- Toss cooked apples with bread in medium bowl. Pour egg mixture over bread; toss to coat. Turn into prepared pan. Bake covered 35 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 5 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle, if desired, with confectioners sugar.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec.