Apple 'N Maple Breakfast Bread Pudding
- Cooking time45 min
- Prep time5 min
- Portions 2
- 4 tsp (20 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine
- 2 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and achopped
- 1/4 cup fat free cholesterol free egg substitute mix
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 1% milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) pure maple syrup or pancake syrup
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 slices multi-grain bread
|Energy (kcal)||361 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1511 kJ|
|Protein (g)||15.9 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||45.2 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||38.3 g|
|Sugar (g)||24.7 g|
|Fibre (g)||6.8 g|
|Fat (g)||13.6 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||3.5 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||8.8 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||5.3 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||3.5 g|
|Trans fat (g)||1.4 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||90 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||301 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.75 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||701 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||7.1 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||173 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.72 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||451 mg|
- Preheat oven to 350° (180 C). Coat 1-quart (1 L) casserole dish with 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine; set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tsp. (5 mL) margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook apples, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, whisk egg substitute with milk, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon; set aside.
- Toss cooked apples with bread in medium bowl. Pour egg mixture over bread; toss to coat. Turn into prepared pan. Bake covered 35 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 5 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle, if desired, with confectioners sugar.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec.