Apple Crisp with Cranberry and Pear
The air is crisp, but the kitchen is warm. And after one bite of this, so are our hearts. This dessert is full of heart and soul.
- Cooking time40 min
- Prep time20 min
- ServingsPortions 10
- 4 medium apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 medium pears
- 2 cups (500 mL) cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) large oats flakes
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) wheat bran
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) allspice
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Becel® salted margarine sticks
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Combine apples, pears, cranberries, granulated sugar and cinnamon in large bowl. Turn into 25 cm round baking dish; set aside.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, wheat bran and spices in medium bowl. Cut in Becel® sticks with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is size of small peas. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake until fruit is tender and bubbling around edges and crumble is deep golden brown, about 40 minutes. If topping is browning too quickly, cover loosely with aluminum foil.
*If using frozen cranberries, do not thaw.