Four Fruit Cobbler
When it comes to adding fruit to cobbler, we firmly believe “the more, the merrier.” Not one, not two, not three, but four fruits, please.
- Cooking time45 min
- Prep time30 min
- 1/4 cup (90 mL) PLUS 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) sugar, divided
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 3 medium apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium pears
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried apricots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) orange juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. (4 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) salt
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Light margarine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain 1% yogurt
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) grated orange peel
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Combine 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss with apples, pears and apricots. Spoon into 2½-quart (2.5 L) or 9-in. (23 cm) square baking dish, then drizzle with orange juice and water. Bake uncovered 20 minutes.
- Mix flour, remaining 2 Tbsp. (30 mL.) sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Cut in Becel® Light margarine with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is size of coarse crumbs; set aside. Combine yogurt with orange peel. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Drop 8 mounds with large spoon onto fruit. Bake an additional 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Note: may be made in individual soufflé dishes, cooking time is 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream. Please see nutrition information for sugar content.