Apple Spice Oatmeal Cookies
How do you cookie? Sometimes we like to spice things up with our Anything Goes Cookie Dough. Try this apple-infused recipe.
- Cooking time8 min
- Prep time15 min
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) (250 mL) Becel® salted margarine sticks or unsalted margarine sticks
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) old fashioned or quick oats
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped dried apples or fresh apples
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) white chocolate baking chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190° C). Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat Becel® sticks with sugars in large bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually add in flour mixture; beat just until blended. Stir in oats, apples and cinnamon.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, 2-inches (5 cm) apart.
- Bake 8 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool 2 minutes on wire rack; remove cookies from sheets and cool completely. Microwave chocolate in small microwave-safe bowl until melted. Drizzle cookies with chocolate.
TIP: For a gluten-free version, simply replace all-purpose flour with 2-1/2 cups (625mL) gluten-free whole grain oat flour, 1/3 (75mL) cup coconut flour and 1/4 (60 mL) cup potato flour.