Asparagus Rice Primavera
- Cooking time25 min
- Prep time5 min
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1 small shallot or onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) uncooked rice
- 1/2 lb. (225 g) asparagus, trimmed and sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in medium saucepan over medium heat and cook shallot with garlic, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in chicken broth and bring to boil.
- Stir in rice, reduce heat to low and cook covered according to package directions, about 15 minutes. Stir in asparagus during last 7 minutes of cook time. Cook until asparagus is tender and rice has absorbed liquid. Just before serving, stir in cheese and parsley.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec.