Breakfast Paninis with Banana & Berries
One morning, just when we thought we were flat out of fresh takes on breakfast, inspiration struck. Try our panini with banana and berries, you won’t be disappointed.
- Cooking time5 min
- Prep time10 min
- ServingsPortions 2
- 4 tsp. (20 mL) Becel® Vegan
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp. (0.5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 large banana, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced strawberries
- 4 slices whole grain bread
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Combine Becel® Vegan, brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Evenly arrange banana and strawberries on 2 bread slices then top with remaining bread.
- Evenly spread outside of sandwiches with margarine mixture.
- Cook sandwiches in large nonstick grill pan or skillet over medium heat, turning once, until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
During this time, when ingredients may be hard to find, we've listed some easy substitutions. -Use maple syrup or white sugar in place of brown sugar. -Use thinly sliced kiwi, apple or pear instead of banana. -Instead of strawberries, use any other berry or use 2 tablespoons (30 mL) fruit jam or preserves. -Use any type of bread, tortilla or wrap instead of whole grain bread. -Use any Becel product instead of Becel Vegan.