Blackened Chicken & Vegetable Tortilla Bowls
- Cooking time20 min
- Prep time15 min
- ServingsPortions 2
- 8 ounces (227 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) chili powder, divided
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) black beans, low sodium canned rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) fresh cilantro, chopped, (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) lime juice
- 2 soft taco size whole wheat tortillas, (20cm/8po)
- 1 cup (250 mL) iceberg lettuce
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Season chicken with 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) chili powder and, if desired, ground black pepper. Melt 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook chicken, turning once, until chicken is throughly cooked, about 12 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and cut into cubes. Let stand covered in small bowl; set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) margarine in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook green pepper, onion and remaining 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) chili powder, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are just tender and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in beans and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 1 minute. Return chicken and any juices to skillet, then stir in cilantro and lime juice.
- Meanwhile, gently press 1 tortilla in 2-cup (500 mL) microwave-safe bowl to form bowl shape. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute. Let cool 1 minute. Gently lift out tortilla and arrange on serving plate. Repeat with remaining tortilla.
- To serve, arrange lettuce in bottom of each tortilla bowl, then evenly spoon chicken and vegetables. Serve, if desired, with hot pepper.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec.