Hearty Two-Bean Vegetable Chili
- Cooking time25 min
- Prep time10 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 large zucchini, chopped
- 2 large red bell peppers or /and orange bell peppers, chopped
- 1 can (540 mL) cannellini beans or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (540 mL) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (500 mL) no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) salt
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in 6-quart (6 L) saucepot over medium-high heat and cook onion, zucchini and bell peppers, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and just starting to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 8 minutes or until heated through. Serve, if desired, with fat free sour cream.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec. TIP: For a saucier Chili, stir in 1/4 cup (60 mL) water.