Carrot Cake Cookies
Usually, eating is about making choices. One time, we asked ourselves, “cake or cookies?” And that’s when we had this recipe revelation.
- Cooking time8 min
- Prep time20 min
- ServingsPortions 28
- 2 cups (500 mL) quick cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) salt
- 4 Tbsp. (60 mL) Becel® salted margarine sticks or unsalted margarine sticks
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Neufchatel cheese or 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) lowfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) raisins
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded carrots, (about 1 large carrot)
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat Becel® sticks, cream cheese and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy, about 3 minutes. Beat in egg, yogurt and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in oat mixture just until blended. Stir in raisins and carrot.
- Turn dough onto waxed paper and form into four 7-inch-long logs. (Dough will be sticky). Wrap tightly and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°. For 2 servings, slice off four 1/2-inch rounds from log, then refreeze remaining dough until ready to bake. Arrange frozen cookie slices on baking sheet. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Bake 8 minutes or until edges are golden and centers are set. Cool 2 minutes on wire rack; remove from sheet and cool completely.
TIP: Need more cookies? Slice, then bake as many as you need using the above directions.