- Cooking time20 min
- Prep time15 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 egg whites or 1/3 cup (75 mL) fat free cholesterol free egg substitute
- 1 lb. (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 4 pieces and pounded thin
- 3 Tbsp. Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chopped shallots or onion
- 1 cup (250 mL) fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Blend flour and pepper in shallow dish; reserve 1 Tbsp (15 mL).; set aside.
- Beat egg white in another shallow dish until foamy with wire whisk. Evenly coat chicken in flour mixture, then egg mixture.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook ½ of the chicken, turning once, until golden brown and thoroughly cooked, about 6 minutes. Remove chicken to serving plate; repeat with remaining chicken.
- Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) margarine in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook shallots, stirring constantly, until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with reserved 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) flour mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until flour is toasted, about 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook until sauce has thickend slightly, about 1 minute. Stir in parsley and pour hot sauce over chicken.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec.