- Cooking time20 min
- Prep time15 min
- ServingsPortions 4
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 egg whites or 1/3 cup (75 mL) fat free cholesterol free egg substitute
- 1 lb. (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 4 pieces and pounded thin
- 3 Tbsp. Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb. (450 g) asparagus, trimmed and sliced into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Blend flour and pepper in shallow dish; reserve 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) and set aside.
- Beat egg white in another shallow dish until foamy with wire whisk. Evenly coat chicken in flour mixture, then egg white.
- Melt 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook ½ of the chicken, turning once, until golden brown and thoroughly cooked, about 6 minutes. Remove chicken to serving plate; repeat with remaining chicken.
- Melt remaining 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) margarine in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring constantly, until golden, about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with reserved 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) flour mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until flour is toasted, about 2 minute.
- Stir in broth and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Stir in asparagus and reduce heat to low. Cook covered, stirring occasinally, until asparagus is tender, about 5 minute. Pour hot sauce and asparagus over chicken.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec.