- Cooking time20 min
- Prep time15 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 egg whites or 1/3 cup (75 mL) fat free cholesterol free egg substitute
- 1 lb. (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 4 pieces and pounded thin
- 3 Tbsp. Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb. (450 g) asparagus, trimmed and sliced into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- Blend flour and pepper in shallow dish; reserve 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) and set aside.
- Beat egg white in another shallow dish until foamy with wire whisk. Evenly coat chicken in flour mixture, then egg white.
- Melt 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook ½ of the chicken, turning once, until golden brown and thoroughly cooked, about 6 minutes. Remove chicken to serving plate; repeat with remaining chicken.
- Melt remaining 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) margarine in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring constantly, until golden, about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with reserved 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) flour mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until flour is toasted, about 2 minute.
- Stir in broth and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Stir in asparagus and reduce heat to low. Cook covered, stirring occasinally, until asparagus is tender, about 5 minute. Pour hot sauce and asparagus over chicken.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec.