Lemon Chicken & Broccoli
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time5 min
- 12 ounces (350 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Light margarine, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) reduced sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) finely chopped garlic
- 12 ounces (350 g) fresh broccoli florets
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) grated lemon peel
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
- Toss chicken and 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) flour in medium bowl; set aside.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Light margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Stir 1 cup (250 mL) broth and garlic into same skillet and bring to boil. Add broccoli and simmer covered until broccoli is almost tender, about 3 minutes. Combine remaining 1/2 cup (125 mL) broth and 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) flour in small cup. Stir into skillet and cook until sauce is slightly thickened and broccoli is tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, lemon peel and remaining 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) margarine. Season, if desired, with fresh ground black pepper.