Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake
A showstopper on any holiday party table, this chocolate turtle cheesecake comes together beautifully with Becel® Sticks – a great 1:1 swap for butter.
- Cooking time1 hr
- Prep time15 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) ground up chocolate wafer cookies
- 6 Tbsp. (90 mL) Becel® salted margarine sticks, melted
- 14 ounces (400 g) soft caramels
- 5 floz (150 mL) evaporated milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 lb. (500 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Grease a 9-inch (23-cm) springform pan.
- Combine wafer crumbs and melted Becel® sticks. Press into bottom and up sides of springform pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Melt caramels with evaporated milk in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Pour over crust and sprinkle with pecans.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth and blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Pour over pecan layer, dollop with melted chocolate and then swirl to marble.
- Bake 50 minutes or until firm on top.
- Loosen cheesecake from rim of pan. Cool cheesecake completely on wire rack, then remove rim. Chill at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with whipped cream, chopped nuts, or maraschino cherries, if desired.