Cranberry Pecan Chocolate Shortbread Bars
- Cooking time25 min
- Prep time30 min
- ServingsPortions 24
- 3/4 cup Becel® Plant-Based Unsalted Bricks
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chunks
- 3 tablespoons Violife Original Creamy, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
- Grease a 13x9 inch baking dish. Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Using an electric hand mixer, cream Becel Plant Butter and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla and continue to beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, stir flour, baking powder, salt, ginger and cinnamon together.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, just until combined.
- Stir in ½ cup cranberries (keep ¼ aside for topping), pecans, and chocolate chunks.
- Transfer batter to the prepared baking dish. Bake until golden and baked through, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Meanwhile, make the cream cheese frosting by stirring the Violife Original Creamy with the icing sugar until smooth. Transfer into a piping bag or plastic Ziploc bag. Cut the corner of the Ziploc bag or tip of the piping bag and drizzle over cooled bars. Sprinkle with remaining cranberries.
- Cut into 24 portions.
To make these shortbread bars nut-free, omit the pecans and add extra chocolate chunks and cranberries. To make these shortbread bars vegan, use a vegan egg substitute such as flaxseed egg. For each egg you need to replace, combine 1 tbsp ground flaxseed with 3 tbsp water and let stand for 10 minutes to thicken before adding to your other ingredients.