French Toast with Cinnamon & Vanilla
We had never told a breakfast dish that we loved it before. Then we took one bite of this and declared, “je t’aime, je t’aime, je t’aime.”
- Cooking time15 min
- Prep time5 min
- Portions 4
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) skim milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) egg substitute
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*, divided
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) pure maple syrup
- 8 slices whole grain cinnamon bread or whole grain wheat bread
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Beat milk, egg substitute, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in medium bowl with wire whisk; set aside.
- Microwave 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* with syrup in small microwave-safe bowl until margarin is melted, about 30 seconds.
- Melt 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, dip 4 slices bread into milk mixture. Add to skillet and cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining margarine and bread.
- Drizzle with syrup mixture and serve, if desired, with fresh berries.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec. Please see nutrition information for sodium content.