French Toast with Cinnamon & Vanilla
We had never told a breakfast dish that we loved it before. Then we took one bite of this and declared, “je t’aime, je t’aime, je t’aime.”
- Cooking time15 min
- Prep time5 min
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) skim milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) egg substitute
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*, divided
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) pure maple syrup
- 8 slices whole grain cinnamon bread or whole grain wheat bread
- Beat milk, egg substitute, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in medium bowl with wire whisk; set aside.
- Microwave 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* with syrup in small microwave-safe bowl until margarin is melted, about 30 seconds.
- Melt 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, dip 4 slices bread into milk mixture. Add to skillet and cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining margarine and bread.
- Drizzle with syrup mixture and serve, if desired, with fresh berries.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec. Please see nutrition information for sodium content.