Fresh Fruit Crepes
We’re berry excited to share this summertime version of a French favourite.
- Cooking time12 min
- Prep time5 min
- ServingsPortions 6
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. (20 mL) sugar, divided
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) salt
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*, melted
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh berries, (such as raspberries, blackberries and strawberries)
- 1 lemon, halved
- Combine flour, 5 mL sugar and salt in small bowl; set aside. Process milk, egg, egg white Becel® Buttery Taste margarine and in blender 1 minute. Add flour mixture and process just until mixed. Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes. Pour into measuring cup for easier pouring.
- Spray 20 cm crepe pan or nonstick skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Pour about 60 mL batter into pan, immediately tilting pan so batter coats bottom. Use back of spoon to spread if needed. Cook until bottom is set and lightly golden, about 1 minute. Turn crepe and cook an additional 20 seconds.
- Remove crepe and stack between paper towels or waxed paper to prevent sticking. Repeat with remaining batter, stirring batter occasionally.
- Sprinkle each crepe lightly with 2 mL sugar, then a squeeze of lemon juice. Fold in half, then again in half if desired. Top with berries and dust, if desired, with confectioners sugar.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec.