Garlic Roasted Eggplant
- Cooking time20 min
- Prep time15 min
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1 1/2-inch (4 cm) pieces (about 9 cups/2.25 L)
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) salt
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) white wine vinegar (optional)
- Preheat oven 450°F (230 C). Line rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, then spray with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Toss eggplant with salt, then arrange on paper towels and let sit 10 minutes. Pat dry to remove excess moisture.
- Toss eggplant, melted Becel® Buttery Taste margarine and garlic in large bowl. Arrange in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Roast, turning once, 20 minutes or until golden brown. Toss hot eggplant with basil and vinegar.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec.