General Tso's Chicken 'N Broccoli
- Cooking time8 min
- Prep time15 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) Knorr® Chicken Broth
- 4 Tbsp. (60 mL) cornstarch, divided
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) hot chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. (22 mL) rice wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 3/4 lb. (340 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded 1/4-inch-thick (6 mm) and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 2 cups (500 mL) broccoli florets, cooked and drained
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
- Combine broth, 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) cornstarch, hot chili sauce, sugar and vinegar in small bowl with wire whisk; set aside.
- Combine chicken with soy sauce in medium bowl, then toss with remaining 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) cornstarch until evenly coated. Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 3 minutes. Remove chicken to serving platter; keep warm.
- Bring broth mixture to a boil over high heat in same skillet, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 1 minute. Add broccoli and toss to coat. Cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Pour sauce over chicken.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec.