Parmesan Vegetables with Poached Salmon
- Cooking time20 min
- Prep time10 min
- Portions 4
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) garlic powder
- 1 small onion, sliced into 1/4-inch (6 mm) rings
- 3 zucchini and/or yellow squash, cut into 1/4-inch (6 mm) slices (about 3-1/2 cups/875 mL)
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1 cup (250 mL) fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 4 salmon fillets (about 4 oz./125 g ea.)
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) grated lemon peel
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) salt
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Combine cheese, garlic powder, onion and zucchini in large bowl; set aside.
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook vegetables in a single layer, turning once, until tender and golden, about 10 minutes, working in batches if needed. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add salmon fillets, chicken broth, grated lemon peel, along with any remaining cheese mixture in bowl, to same skillet, sprinkle with salt, and cook covered until salmon flakes with a fork, about 6 minutes. Remove salmon to serving platter. Reduce liquid by half.
- To serve, arrange vegetables on salmon, then drizzle with sauce. Season, if desired, with freshly ground black pepper and lemon wedges.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec.