After a chilly day outdoors, bake this loaf to make your house feel like a home, letting the warmth of the oven and freshly baked gingerbread welcome you inside.
- Cooking time35 min
- Prep time25 min
- ServingsPortions 25
- 3 cups (750 mL) water
- 2 cups (500 mL) molasses
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) baking soda
- 1 cup (250 mL) Becel® Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks
- 2 cups (500 mL) demerara brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 5 cups (1.25 L) all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) ground ginger
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) salt
- 2 dashes (2 dashes) ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Grease and flour three 9 x 2.5-inch loaf pans.
- Bring water to boil in a saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in molasses and baking soda. Cool to lukewarm.
- Beat Becel Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks and demerara brown sugar in large bowl until smooth and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt and cloves in a separate bowl.
- Gradually, alternately add dry ingredients and the molasses mixture to Becel and sugar mixture, occasionally scraping sides and bottom of bowl.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans and bake 30-35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack until slightly warm. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
- Ice with cream cheese frosting, if desired.