Gingerbread People Cookies
The gang’s all here – let’s eat them!
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time15 min
- ServingsPortions 40
- 1 2/3 cups (400 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) ground ginger
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) (125 mL) Becel® salted margarine sticks or unsalted margarine sticks
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) molasses
- Combine flours, spices and baking soda in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat (1 stick) Becel® sticks, sugar and molasses in large bowl with electric mixer until blended. Beat in flour mixture gradually until well combined. Shape into 2 balls. Flatten each ball into a disc, then wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Flour dough lightly, then roll between 2 sheets plastic wrap to 0.5 cm thickness. Dip cookie cutter into flour, then cut out shapes. Arrange on prepared baking sheet, 2-inches (5 cm) apart. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake until firm to the touch, about 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheet 1 minute. Remove to wire rack and cool completely. Store in airtight container.