Green Beans with Toasted Almonds
Sometimes dinner feels like “been there, done that,” but this subtle update to a tried-and-true recipe always feels new.
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time10 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 1 lb. (500 g) green beans, trimmed
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) sliced almonds, toasted
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
- Bring water to a boil in medium saucepan. Add green beans and cook over medium heat until crisp-tender, about 6 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* in large nonstick skillet and cook garlic over medium-low heat until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in green beans, salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in lemon juice, then top with almonds.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec