Honey Oatmeal-Raisin Scones
Is there anything better than a hot scone on a cool morning? Spoiler: no, there isn’t.
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time15 min
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) quick oats
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Becel® salted margarine sticks or unsalted sticks
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250 mL) golden raisins
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) sugar
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Spray baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Cut in Margarine with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is size of coarse crumbs; set aside.
- Beat yogurt, honey and egg in small bowl with wire whisk. Stir in raisins. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir with fork until dough holds together; shape into a ball.
- Roll dough on lightly floured surface to 19 cm circle. Cut into 12 wedges. Arrange wedges 2.5 cm apart on baking sheets, then sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
Please see nutrition information for sugar content.