Mushroom & Zucchini Frittata
- Cooking time15 min
- Prep time15 min
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. (22 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 10 ounces (300 g) sliced mushrooms (cremini, shiitake and/or white)
- 1 large zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped shallots or onions
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cartons (125 g ea) fat free cholesterol free egg substitute
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) fresh thyme
- 1/8 tsp. (0.5 mL) ground black pepper
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large nonstick skillet with oven-proof handle over medium-high heat and cook mushrooms, zucchini and shallots, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Reduce heat to low and stir in egg substitute combined with thyme and pepper. Lift set edges of frittata with spatula, tilting pan to allow mixture to flow to bottom. Cook covered over low heat until almost set, about 5 minutes. Broil until golden brown and set, about 2 minutes.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec.