Oatmeal Crumble Topping
- Cooking time25 min
- Prep time5 min
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp. (90 mL) Becel® salted margarine sticks
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Mix in Becel® salted margarine sticks with hands until mixture is crumbly. Spread crumb mixture evenly on baking sheet in single layer and bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir, then return to oven and bake until golden, about 7 minutes.* Sprinkle over yogurt, ice cream or fresh fruit!
*Try topping your favorite pie. Simple mix the ingredients as above, sprinkle on your pie, and bake as usual. To prevent the crumble for getting too brown, you may need do cover it halfway through with aluminum foil. See nutrition information for sugar content.