Our pasta dish is a colourful combination of fresh vegetables and herbs - ready in less than 30 minutes!
- Cooking time20 min
- Prep time20 min
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Becel® Vegan margarine, melted
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) finely chopped fresh herbs or 2 tsp. (10 mL) dried, herbs, crushed, (basil, parsley and/or thyme)
- 6 cups (1.5 L) assorted sliced vegetables, (onion, red or green bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash or eggplant)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 8 ounces (250 g) whole grain or regular farfalle pasta, cooked and drained
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Blend 1/4 cup (50 mL) Becel® Vegan margarine with herbs in small bowl; set aside. Toss vegetables, garlic and remaining margarine in large bowl. Arrange vegetables in broiler pan without rack. Roast, stirring once, until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Toss vegetables with hot farfalle and reserved margarine mixture.
During this time, when ingredients may be hard to find, we've listed some easy substitutions. -Use any combination of fresh or dried herbs that in place of herb blend. -Use any combination of fresh vegetables. If you don't have fresh vegetables frozen will work as well. Thaw vegetables then sauté vegetables, herbs and garlic in Becel 5 to 10 minutes until tender and toss with pasta. -Use 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) garlic powder instead of fresh garlic. -Use any pasta instead of farfalle. You an can also use cooked quinoa, farro or rice. -Use any Becel product instead of Becel Vegan margarine.